The California QSO Party (CQP) is held every year on the first weekend of October. The first CQP took place in 1966. Since 1974, the Northern California Contest Club (NCCC) has sponsored CQP. CQP has traditionally opened the annual contest season by providing an opportunity for contesters to prepare for the ARRL November Sweepstakes since the format is similar.
Stations outside of California, worldwide, work stations in California only. The 58 counties of CA are the multipliers.
California stations work all stations in or out of CA. The 50 US states and 8 Canadian areas are the multipliers. Stations outside of Canada and the US add to one's QSO total but do not count as multipliers. See the full set of CQP Rules for more details.
On this site you will find lots of information, so peruse the index above and learn all about the California QSO Party! Also, be sure to visit the NCCC website for the latest scoop on a super contest club.
- Before CQP:
- Review the current County Operating Plan for CQP 2017 (will be posted in June 2017)
- Please "Register-Your-County"(Available June 2017) (county listing of active stations and form for CA stations to input their county plans)
- Read The 2017 Rules (will be updated in June 2017)
- Read CQP Operating Strategy, by K6RB
- After CQP
- Send In Your Log Before The Deadline (2017 deadline will be posted in August 2017)
- Start HERE (link will be posted in October after the contest ends)
NOTE: See the Rules page for submitting via email.
- After you submit your log, you can check to be sure it's listed on the CQP server: HERE (link to be provided)
- CQP T-Shirts - Like the wine, each year’s T-shirt is a special vintage. All entries qualify for the special CQP T-shirt -- no minimum number of QSOs needed. The 2016 CQP T-Shirt color will be TBD. Place your order for a T-shirt by sending an email to email@example.com stating the sizes and quantities for each size (M/L/XL/XXL), the call sign of the CQP operation, the call sign of the person placing the order, and the address to ship to. Send payment, $15 ($20 for DX entries), either via PayPal [using this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org ] -- or a check to: NCCC, c/o Dick Wilson K6LRN, P.O. Box 273, Somerset, CA 95684-0273. All orders were due by December 15, 2016.
Please refer to the Rules web page for the preferred way to submit your log.
Many NCCCers contribute to making the CQP a success. Feel free
to contact any of the following members for additional information or comments:
Rules, Awards, Questions & General Information: CQP Chairman, John Miller, K6MM
County Operation Plans: Bob Wilson, N6TV
WACC: Fred Jensen, K6DGW
Website: John Miller, K6MM